OUR RETURNS POLICY
We do our best to ensure quality goods and service and provide a measurement chart/guide to help you make the right choice, please email us if you need further assistance in selecting your size to eliminate returns.
We will gladly accept unworn, unwashed, unaltered or defective merchandise returned within 30 days of purchase together with proof of purchase and return lodgement. Please try on your garments as soon as possible to make sure any returns arrive to BEFORE the 30 day period ends.
Read on to see if your garment fits the return conditions and follow the official 3 step returns process below.
- In order to be eligible for return, ITEMS MUST BE IN ORIGINAL CONDITION, unaltered, unwashed and have all their original sales tags intact
- The customer is responsible for the cost of postage of returns and is not eligible for a refund on postage fees. We suggest prepaid Australia post satchels to keep your costs down for returns
- Initial shipping charges for orders will not be refunded
- Any item with tags removed will not be considered for returns
- Mon Reve Lifestyle is not liable for loss of items returned (we recommend using tracked parcels such as Australia post satchels)
- Where items have been wrapped in tissue we understand the tissue may show signs of damage
- Where garments have specialty packaging, fancy boxes, free gifts or fabric carry bags they must also be returned as per the original package to be eligible for a refund
- Gift wrapping is non refundable
- SALE/CLEARANCE items are final sale and NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN unless faulty and lodged within the 30 day return period
- BRIDAL is eligible for returns as per the policy for regular garments/goods
- SWIMWEAR/LINGERIE customers must try on items wearing undergarments. If you wish to return an item, the tags and protective hygiene strip must remain in place and the item will not be accepted if either of these have been removed or altered, or if the item shows signs of wear
LODGE YOUR RETURN using these steps:
1. Request a return lodgement within 30 days of your purchase email us on the "contact us" email within 30 days of your order with your order number/invoice number, reason for return and images if possible. We will then send you the returns form/information and parcel return address so we can process your request. Returns sent back to us with no request lodgement may be sent back to you.
Please note: if a return request email is not sent within the initial 30 days of purchase, the item may not qualify for a refund
2. Fill in your request form and post your return with proof of purchase back to us within 30 days of purchase. Your parcel must arrive to us in the 30 day period to qualify for a refund.
3. Await your refund
Once we receive your parcel safely and inspect the goods for eligibilty we will process your refund (excluding original shipping cost) directly to the original method of payment used for purchase and notify you via email that your payment is being processed. Please allow 7 business days for your refund to clear.
Apologies, we are not able to offer exchange at this time.
All of our items are hand made in limited quantities or could be a one of a kind garment. If the item you want is not in stock you will be refunded your original purchase price/method of payment once the returns process has been initiated.
You will then have to make a new order.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What if my item is faulty?
We're so sorry if an item you received is not in perfect condition. Please follow the returns process. Once approved we will meet our obligations under the Australian Consumer Law or similar legislation which may include replacing the item if the stock is available or giving you a refund upon receiving your faulty item back.
What if my item is incorrect?
If you have received an item you did not order, please email us and we will either replace the item correctly and facilitate a return or refund you if it is no longer available.
What if my parcel goes missing?
Your order parcel is missing: If your order has gone missing, please email us to let us know and we can explore the tracking history for your item and try to resolve the issue. You will hear from us via email.
Your return parcel is missing: Please note, due to insurance limitations, if your return parcel is deemed lost in transit, we are not eligible to refund lost parcels sent without tracking to us. If your parcel was tracked and has gone missing we will explore the tracking history and try to resolve the issue. You will hear from us via email.
Do I have to pay for postage on returns?
Subject to our obligations under the Australian Consumer Law or similar legislation, for any return you will be responsible for shipping and handling charges to return any unwanted items. If the package does not reach us safely we will not be able to complete the refund, we recommend sending via a traceable method for peace of mind and to retain proof of postage until you have received confirmation that your return has been processed.
What about international returns and duty? (Contact us to confirm your refunds process)
Subject to our obligations under the Australian Consumer Law or similar legislation, international returns cannot be accepted where the value of the items being returned in one shipment is over $1000. Please lodge the items as per the regular 30 day period and ship the items separately if necessary as we are not responsible to pay duties to receive the goods. If there is a charge it may be deducted from your final refund. You as the customer will be liable for any duties incurred as your parcel leaves your destination.
Are vintage items eligible for returns?
Please consider your purchase carefully as there is strictly no refunds on second hand goods which are exempt from the exchange policy for new products and sold "as is". Bear in mind the item is pre-worn, deadstock or has had a previous lifetime. Wear consistent with the item's age should be expected, and extra care should be taken in wear, laundering and storage. Sizing may be inconsistent with modern clothing so we cannot guarantee fit for these items.
We take great effort and time to describe items accurately, and any specific issues, especially those that would detract from the presentation or wearability of the garment, will be mentioned and photographed in the listing.